By: Zach Hochrein
As James said earlier last week… ladies and gentleman it’s about that time of the year. We promised a slew of draft content and that’s what we’re bringing you. That in mind, what says that the draft is on it’s way more than a FULL mock draft? Check it out as I unveil the first ever 7 round mock in IES history. I even went as far as projecting some early round trades ( listed below) to add icing to the cake. This goes without saying, I worked hard on this one, and I hope you all enjoy it!
Trades I projected
Oak sends 1.05, 3.67 and 2015 2nd to STL for 1.02 and 5.153
DET sends 1.10, 2.45 and 3.76 to JAX for 1.03 and 2015 3rd
SF sends 2015 1st, 1.30, 2.61, 3.77, 7.245 to NYG for 1.12
JAX sends 2.39, 3.70, 6.179 to KC for 1.23 and 6.200
1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney, DE - This selection is a no brainer, it adds the best defender to an already tenacious and talented defense.
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - Trade via OAK – Teddy Bridgewater, QB- Oakland needing a game changing QB leapfrogs the 2 other QB needy teams in front of them to take the “Andrew Luck” of the class.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trade via DET- Sammy Watkins, WR- This trade works out for both teams… Detroit jumps up to add a great weapon for it’s offense.
4. Cleveland Browns- Greg Robinson, LT- Cleveland is not sold on the other QBs in this draft to take one as a top 5 talent. Instead they take a bookend T to play at LG or RT while being groomed to take over at LT eventually.
5. Oakland Raiders- STL- Taylor Lewan, OL- STL falls back and gains picks while also getting a RT to sure up its line.
6. Atlanta Falcons- Khalil Mack, OLB- The 2nd best defender goes to one of the most defensive needy teams.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Mike Evans, WR- TB takes a WR that will help insure the success of its big FA QB acquisition.
8. Minnesota Vikings- Blake Bortles, QB- Min takes a QB that compares to the “Big Ben” mold, he will most likely develop a year behind Cassel however.
9. Buffalo Bills- CJ Mosely, MLB- This move allows the best LB on the team to move to OLB and thrive while they get a true MLB to plug up the run game.
10. Detroit Lions- Jax - Ha Ha Clinton Dix, FS- Dave Caldwell misses out on the top 2 QBs of the draft, so he moves back acquires picks and takes the best FS in the draft.
11. Tennessee Titans- Anthony Barr, OLB- Titans take the BPA and it upgrades their porous defense especially in the coverage department.
12. New York Giants- Trade via SF- Odell Beckham Jr, WR- With 3 players that they expected to be at their original spot gone, the NYG move back with a team needing a true playmaking WR that can separate from NFC CBs. SF would also be landing 3rd best WR in the draft.
13. St. Louis Rams- Eric Ebron, TE- With their original pick STL grabs a game-changing, big bodied, TE to add another weapon for Sam Bradford.
14. Chicago Bears- Aaron Donald, 3T- Chicago adds a great DT to fix run game woes and replace Henry Melton of 2012.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Jake Matthews, OT- Pittsburgh adds the 3rd ranked OT to fix their line which accounted for the most pressured/sacked QB other than Aaron Rodgers.
16. Dallas Cowboys- Zack Martin, OT- Dallas still needing to fix their woes on the OL add very versatile T.
17. Baltimore Ravens- Jason Verett, CB- Ozzie upgrades the CB group with the best CB in this draft.
18. New York Jets- Justin Gilbert, CB – NYJ takes a CB considering they really need one. That said, they settle with the 2nd best one in the draft.
19. Miami Dolphins- Brandin Cooks, WR - Miami adds a weapon to an offense that really needs one to complement Mike Wallace.
20. Arizona Cardinals- Kony Ealy, DE – AZ adds depth and a successor to their DL/pass rush.
21. Green Bay Packers- Calvin Pryor, FS – GB fills a need with the 2nd best FS in the draft.
22. Philadelphia Eagles - Ryan Shazier, OLB - PHI adds a smart versatile LB to their core which should bolster it’s D drastically.
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Trade via JAX- Johnny Manziel ,QB – JAX sees the fall of a playmaking QB and adds the heir to the QB throne.
24. Cincinnati Bengals- Timmy Jernigan, DT- CIN adds a replacement for Michael Johnson and doesn’t lose a step on D.
25. San Diego Chargers- Kyle Fuller, CB- SD fills their biggest need by far with a tall CB for Mike McCoy’s defense.
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts) – Xaiver Su’a Filo, G- Filling a need to protect Hoyer or a QB in this draft, CLE takes the talent of XSF.
27. New Orleans Saints- Dee Ford, DE- Pairing him with Gallette and C. Jordan was a nice thing for NO.
28. Carolina Panthers- Kelvin Benjamin, WR- CAR adds a WR to be a NO. 1 for Cam Newton.
29. New England Patriots- Louis Nix, NT- NE adds youth to and depth here while landing their NT of the future.
30. San Francisco 49ers -NYG - Ra’shede Hageman, 3T- Hageman is a raw mid round talent that is added for depth behind Justin Smith… the future is bright for SF.
31. Denver Broncos- Darqueze Dennard, CB - DEN needs a NO. 2 CB to put on the other side of Talib, they get an underrated talent at 31.
32. Seattle Seahawks- David Yankey, G - With the SB Champs interior OL is influx, they draft Yankey as a talent to add a mean streak to it.
1 (33). Houston Texans- Jimmy Garrapolo QB
2 (34). Washington Redskins- Kyle Van Noy OLB
3 (35). Cleveland Browns- Derek Carr QB
4 (36). Oakland Raiders- Davante Adams WR
5 (37). Atlanta Falcons- Jimmie Ward S
6 (38). Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Zach Mettenberger QB
7 (39). Jacksonville Jaguars-KC- Allen Robinson WR
8 (40). Minnesota Vikings- Lamarcus Joyner CB
9 (41). Buffalo Bills- Morgan Moses OL
10 (42). Tennessee Titans- Jace Amaro TE
11 (43). New York Giants- Cyrus Kouanjio OT
12 (44). St. Louis Rams- Stephon Tuitt 3T
13 (45). Detroit Lions-JAX- Gabe Jackson RG
14 (46). Pittsburgh Steelers- Scott Crichton 3T
15 (47). Dallas Cowboys-Kareem Martin 3T
16 (48). Baltimore Ravens- Joel Bitonio OL
17 (49). New York Jets- Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE
18 (50). Miami Dolphins- Tre Mason RB
19 (51). Chicago Bears-Marcus Roberson CB
20 (52). Arizona Cardinals- Jawuan James OL
21 (53). Green Bay Packers- Jeremiah Attaochu EP
22 (54). Philadelphia Eagles- Donte Moncrief WR
23 (55). Cincinnati Bengals- Martayvius Bryant WR
24 (56). San Francisco 49ers (from Kansas City Chiefs)- Demarcus Lawerence DE
25 (57). San Diego Chargers-Dom Easley DT
26 (58). New Orleans Saints- Carlos Hyde RB
27 (59). Indianapolis Colts- Weston Richburg C
28 (60). Carolina Panthers- Keith McGill CB
29 (61). San Francisco 49ers-NYG- Trevor Reilly LB
30 (62). New England Patriots- Troy Niklas TE
31 (63). Denver Broncos- Chris Borland ILB
32 (64). Seattle Seahawks- Will Sutton 1T
1 (65). Houston Texans- Carl Bradford EP
2 (66). Washington Redskins- Terrance Brooks FS
3 (67). Oakland Raiders- STL- Dakota Dozier OG
4 (68). Atlanta Falcons- Trent Murphy EP
5 (69). Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jordan Matthews WR
6 (70). Jacksonville Jaguars-KC- Billy Turner OL
7 (71). Cleveland Browns- Bishop Sankey RB
8 (72). Minnesota Vikings- Paul Richardson WR
9 (73). Buffalo Bills- Marcus Smith EP
10 (74). New York Giants-Bashaun Breelan CB
11 (75). St. Louis Rams- Jeremy Hill RB
12 (76). Detroit Lions-JAX- Ego Ferguson 1T
13 (77). San Francisco 49ers (from Tennessee Titans)-NYG-Ka’deem Carey RB
14 (78). Dallas Cowboys-Kelcy Quarles DT
15 (79). Baltimore Ravens- Marcus Martin C
16 (80). New York Jets- Bruce Ellington WR
17 (81). Miami Dolphins- DaQuan Jones 1T
18 (82). Chicago Bears- Deone Buchanon SS
19 (83). Cleveland Browns (from Pittsburgh Steelers)- Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
20 (84). Arizona Cardinals- Telvin Smith defender
21 (85). Green Bay Packers- Pierre Dessir CB
22 (86). Philadelphia Eagles- Phillip Gaines CB
23 (87). Kansas City Chiefs- Jackson Jeffcoat EP
24 (88). Cincinnati Bengals- Yawin Smallwood ILB
25 (89). San Diego Chargers- Jaylen Watkins CB
26 (90). Indianapolis Colts- Jordan Tripp LB
27 (91). New Orleans Saints- Rashaad Reynolds CB
28 (92). Carolina Panthers- ED Reynolds FS
29 (93). New England Patriots- Cyril Richardson IOL
30 (94). San Francisco 49ers- Justin Ellis NT
31 (95). Denver Broncos- Lache Seastrunk RB
32 (96). Minnesota Vikings (from Seattle Seahawks)-CJ Fiedorowicz TE
33 (97). Pittsburgh Steelers (compensatory selection)- AJ McCarron QB
34 (98). Green Bay Packers (compensatory selection)- Jared Abberderis WR
35 (99). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)- Dri Archer OW
36 (100). San Francisco 49ers (compensatory selection)- Tiny Richardson T
1 (101). Houston Texans- Jack Mewhort OL
2 (102). Washington Redskins- Loucheiz Purifoy CB/FS
3 (103). Atlanta Falcons- Robert Herron WR
4 (104). New York Jets (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers)- Victor Hampton CB
5 (105). Jacksonville Jaguars- Will Clarke 5T
6 (106). Cleveland Browns- Chris Smith DE
7 (107). Oakland Raiders- Trai Turner G
8 (108). Minnesota Vikings- Christian Kirksey OLB
9 (109). Buffalo Bills- Brett Smith QB
10 (110). St. Louis Rams- Chris Davis CB
11 (111). Detroit Lions- EJ Gaines CB
12 (112). Tennessee Titans- Shayne Skov ILB
13 (113). New York Giants-Devonta Freeman RB
14 (114). Jacksonville Jaguars (from Baltimore Ravens)- Mike Davis WR
15 (115). New York Jets- Cam Fleming OL
16 (116). Miami Dolphins- Josh Huff WR
17 (117). Chicago Bears- James Gayle DE
18 (118). Pittsburgh Steelers- Christian Jones ILB
19 (119). Dallas Cowboys- Dion Bailey FS
20 (120). Arizona Cardinals- Arthur Lynch TE
21 (121). Green Bay Packers- Colt Lyerla TE
22 (122). Philadelphia Eagles- Xaiver Grimble TE
23 (123). Cincinnati Bengals- Ricardo Allen CB
24 (124). Kansas City Chiefs- Daniel McCullers NT
25 (125). San Diego Chargers- Charles Sims RB
26 (126). New Orleans Saints- Aaron Murray QB
27 (127). Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts)- TJ Jones WR
28 (128). Carolina Panthers- Nevin Lawson CB
29 (129). San Francisco 49ers- Josh Mauro 3T
30 (130). New England Patriots- Adrian Hubbard LB
31 (131). Denver Broncos- George Uko NT
32 (132). Seattle Seahawks- Devin Street WR
33 (133). Detroit Lions (compensatory selection)- Jon Halapio G
34 (134). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)- Kenny Ladler FS
35 (135). Houston Texans (compensatory selection)- Lamin Barrow MLB
36 (136). Detroit Lions (compensatory selection)- Bryan Stork C
37 (137). New York Jets (compensatory selection)- Craig Loston S
38 (138). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)- Crockett Gilmore TE
39 (139). Atlanta Falcons (compensatory selection)- Devon Kennard OLB
40 (140). New England Patriots (compensatory selection)- Ahmad Dixon SS
1 (141). Houston Texans- Ryan Grant WR
2 (142). Washington Redskins- Ross Crockrell
3 (143). Tampa Bay Buccaneers- James Hurst OL
4 (144). Jacksonville Jaguars- Walt Aiken CB
5 (145). Cleveland Browns- Anthony Steen IOL
6 (146). Seattle Seahawks (from Oakland Raiders)- Mike Schofield OL
7 (147). Atlanta Falcons- Jerrick McKinnon RB/FB
8 (148). Minnesota Vikings- Tyler Gaffney RB
9 (149). Buffalo Bills- Russell Bodine IOL
10 (150). Jacksonville Jaguars (from Detroit Lions)- Howard Jones OLB
11 (151). Tennessee Titans- Caraun Reid NT
12 (152). New York Giants- Kharri Fortt LB
13 (153). St. Louis Rams- Joe Don Duncan TE
14 (154). New York Jets- Jeff Janis WR
15 (155). Miami Dolphins- Deion Belue CB
16 (156). Chicago Bears-Michael Campanaro WR
17 (157). Pittsburgh Steelers-Kevin Norwood WR
18 (158). Dallas Cowboys- James White RB
19 (159). Jacksonville Jaguars (from Baltimore Ravens)-Travis Swanson C
20 (160). Arizona Cardinals- Tom Savage QB
21 (161). Green Bay Packers-Cassius Marsh DL
22 (162). Philadelphia Eagles-Shaq Richardson CB
23 (163). Kansas City Chiefs- Cody Lattimer WR
24 (164). Cincinnati Bengals-Seantrel Henderson G
25 (165). San Diego Chargers- Brent Urban NT
26 (166). Indianapolis Colts- Daniel Sorenson S
27 (167). New Orleans Saints-Preston Brown ILB
28 (168). Carolina Panthers-Charles Leno OL
29 (169). New Orleans Saints (from New England Patriots through Philadelphia Eagles)-Jalen Saunders WR
30 (170). San Francisco 49ers- Isiah Lewis SS
31 (171). Denver Broncos-Dontae Johnson FS
32 (172). Seattle Seahawks- Gabe Ikard IOL
33 (173). Pittsburgh Steelers (compensatory selection)- Ed Stinson DL
34 (174). New York Giants (compensatory selection)-Taylor Hart DL
35 (175). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)- Antone Exum S
36 (176). Green Bay Packers (compensatory selection)- Chris Boswell K
1 (177). Houston Texans- JC Copeland FB
2 (178). Washington Redskins- Deandre Coleman 1T
3 (179). Jacksonville Jaguars-KC- Matt Pachan OL
4 (180). Cleveland Browns- Isiah Crowell RB
5 (181). Houston Texans (from Oakland Raiders)- Raijon Neal RB
6 (182). Atlanta Falcons- Morgan Breslin OLB
7 (183). Chicago Bears (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers)- Ronald Powell OLB
8 (184). Minnesota Vikings- Khyri Thornton DT
9 (185). Buffalo Bills- Max Bullough LB
10 (186). Tennessee Titans- Antony Fera K
11 (187). New York Giants- David Fales QB
12 (188). St. Louis Rams- Chris Watt G
13 (189). Detroit Lions- Jake Murphy TE
14 (190). Miami Dolphins- Justin Britt OL
15 (191). Chicago Bears- Brock Jensen QB
16 (192). Pittsburgh Steelers- Aaron Lynch DE
17 (193). Kansas City Chiefs (from Dallas Cowboys)- Kevin Pierre Louis LB
18 (194). Baltimore Ravens- Shamar Stephen DT
19 (195). New York Jets- Brock Vereen SS
20 (196). Arizona Cardinals- Marqueston Huff FS
21 (197). Green Bay Packers- De’ Anthony Thomas RB
22 (198). New England Patriots (from Philadelphia Eagles)- Brandon Coleman WR
23 (199). Cincinnati Bengals- Terrence Mitchell CB
24 (200). Kansas City Chiefs-JAX – Avery Williamson
25 (201). San Diego Chargers- Bennett Jackson CB
26 (202). New Orleans Saints- AC Lenoard TE
27 (203). Indianapolis Colts- Carlos Fields JR OLB
28 (204). Carolina Panthers- Denicos Allen OLB
29 (205). Jacksonville Jaguars (from San Francisco 49ers)- Richard Rodgers TE
30 (206). New England Patriots- Jay Bromley NT
31 (207). Denver Broncos-Marion Grice RB
32 (208). Seattle Seahawks- Ryan Hewitt FB
33 (209). New York Jets (compensatory selection)- Andre Hal CB
34 (210). New York Jets (compensatory selection)- Tyler Larsen IOL
35 (211). Houston Texans (compensatory selection)- Brandon Thomas G
36 (212). Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory selection)- Eathyn Manumaluna
37 (213). New York Jets (compensatory selection)- Tre Boston FS
38 (214). St. Louis Rams (compensatory selection)- Michael Sam DL
39 (215). Pittsburgh Steelers (compensatory selection)- Jon Newsome OLB
1 (216). Houston Texans- Kerry Hyder NT
2 (217). Washington Redskins-Kadeem Edwards G
3 (218). Cleveland Browns- Cornielus Lucas OL
4 (219). Oakland Raiders- Connor Shaw QB
5 (220). Atlanta Falcons- Travis Carrie CB
6 (221). Tampa Bay Buccaneers- James Wilder JR RB
7 (222). Jacksonville Jaguars- Cody Hoffman WR
8 (223). Minnesota Vikings- Dezmen Southward S
9 (224). Buffalo Bills- John Brown WR
10 (225). Carolina Panthers (from New York Giants)- Kendall James CB
11 (226). St. Louis Rams- Brock Coyle ILB
12 (227). Detroit Lions- John Urschel G
13 (228). Tennessee Titans- Chandler Jones WR
14 (229). Dallas Cowboys (from Chicago Bears)- Ethan Westbrooks DL
15 (230). Pittsburgh Steelers- Trey Millard RB
16 (231). Dallas Cowboys- Don Hawkins OG
17 (232). Indianapolis Colts (from Baltimore Ravens)- Kasim Edeball OLB
18 (233). New York Jets- Blake Annen TE
19 (234). Miami Dolphins- Bennie Fowler WR
20 (235). Oakland Raiders (from Arizona Cardinals)- Ryan Groy IOL
21 (236). Green Bay Packers- Aaron Colvin CB
22 (237). Philadelphia Eagles- L’Damian Washington WR
23 (238). Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City Chiefs)- Marcel Jensen TE
24 (239). Cincinnati Bengals- Jeremiah George ILB
25 (240). San Diego Chargers- Jemea Thomas S
26 (241). St. Louis Rams (from Indianapolis Colts)- Nat Berhe ST
27 (242). San Francisco 49ers (from New Orleans Saints)- Carrington Byndom CB/ST
28 (243). San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina Panthers)- Lawerence Virgil DT
29 (244). New England Patriots- Antonio Andrews RB
30 (245). San Francisco 49ers-NYG- Logan Thomas QB
31 (246). Denver Broncos- Derrell Johnson LB
32 (247). Seattle Seahawks- Laurent Duvernay Tardiff OL
33 (248). Dallas Cowboys (compensatory selection)- Pat O’Donnell P
34 (249). St. Louis Rams (compensatory selection)- Ben Gardner DE
35 (250). St. Louis Rams (compensatory selection)- Corey Linsley C
36 (251). Dallas Cowboys (compensatory selection)- Ryan Carreathers NT
37 (252). Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory selection)-Tajh Boyd QB
38 (253). Atlanta Falcons (compensatory selection)- Trey Burton OW
39 (254). Dallas Cowboys (compensatory selection)- Kirby Van Dem Kamp P
40 (255). Atlanta Falcons (compensatory selection)- Asa Watson TE
41 (256). Houston Texans (compensatory selection)- Spencer Long OL
And as usual we appreciate the views. Feel free to give Zach and I your feedback as he can be found on Twitter under the handle of @ZhochZeus