Month: April 2013
The 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs are among us. The lockout early in the year left fans everywhere doubtful that players would hit the ice at any point this year. However, hockey is back and so are the playoffs. With the shortened season due to the lockout, every game played was an important one, and should lead to some very exciting playoff matchups. Here are my predictions for how this exciting time will unfold.
- Atlanta Braves: Atlanta has the 3rd best team ERA in the majors right now at 3.07. In addition, the Braves have the 4th best Slugging percentage right now in the majors with much help from Justin Upton who leads the majors in home runs. Although they’re coming off a small 3 game skid, make no mistake about it, these guys are the real deal.
- Texas Rangers: The Rangers have a league best 2.92 ERA as a team, and are making a very strong case for 1st in the rankings at this point in the season. Darvish is 4-1 with a 1.65 ERA over 34 innings of work.
- Boston Red Sox: The Red Sox are riding a 4 game win streak into the #3 spot in the power rankings. They have the 2nd best team slugging percent in the MLB at .440, and Clay Buchholz is 5-0 with a 1.19 ERA over 37 innings of work. The only thing pinning them behind the Rangers is the the team ERA at 9th best in the majors at 3.49.
- Kansas City Royals: The Royals have the MLB’s best ERA pitching 2.96 as a team. They aren’t doing anything flashy, but they’re driving in runs and riding a 3 game win streak with some pretty solid pitching to boot.
- Baltimore Orioles: The O’s are slugging .427 and driving in runs with 116 RBI’s. They also have a league 6th best team batting average of .266, with 4 of their regulars hitting .297 or higher.
The wait is finally over for fans like myself look forward to the NFL Draft yearly. Months of anticipation and anxiousness will finally but to rest today as the 2013 NFL Draft kicks off. You all have seen my Jaguar mocks dating back to September of last year all leading to today. This time however, I’m going to be doing something I haven’t before a unveil my first ever 2013 NFL mock for the whole entire league. Yesterday I announced my mock alongside Eric and Shane Hallam of Drafttv.com (Please check out Shane’s site out by the way) via podcast so if you were listening you probably already know the picks by now, if you didn’t I strongly suggest you check it out being that I give an explanation to each of the picks below.
By: Eric Serna
This is my full 1st round mock draft for the 2013 NFL Draft. I previously posted my 7 round mock draft for the Jacksonville Jaguars, which is still up on the site, so check that out. But for the sake of time and your convenience, I am only doing a mock for all the teams who have a 1st round pick, which means this is excluding the Seattle Seahawks, as well as the Washington Redskins (AND now officially the Tampa Bay Buccaneers). I have done the research based on the needs of all the teams, as well as best player available should the draft play out this way. Keep in mind, I personally believe there will be some major trades this year, so predicting where a player will go is very difficult, this year more then most. With that said, I have done this mock with no projected trades, just the pick for each team based off of my opinion. Please feel free to debate them in the comment section, and I hope that you enjoy my 1st round mock draft!