Month: April 2013
The 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs are among us. The lockout early in the year left fans everywhere doubtful that players would hit the ice at any point this year. However, hockey is back and so are the playoffs. With the shortened season due to the lockout, every game played was an important one, and should lead to some very exciting playoff matchups. Here are my predictions for how this exciting time will unfold.
- Atlanta Braves: Atlanta has the 3rd best team ERA in the majors right now at 3.07. In addition, the Braves have the 4th best Slugging percentage right now in the majors with much help from Justin Upton who leads the majors in home runs. Although they’re coming off a small 3 game skid, make no mistake about it, these guys are the real deal.
- Texas Rangers: The Rangers have a league best 2.92 ERA as a team, and are making a very strong case for 1st in the rankings at this point in the season. Darvish is 4-1 with a 1.65 ERA over 34 innings of work.
- Boston Red Sox: The Red Sox are riding a 4 game win streak into the #3 spot in the power rankings. They have the 2nd best team slugging percent in the MLB at .440, and Clay Buchholz is 5-0 with a 1.19 ERA over 37 innings of work. The only thing pinning them behind the Rangers is the the team ERA at 9th best in the majors at 3.49.
- Kansas City Royals: The Royals have the MLB’s best ERA pitching 2.96 as a team. They aren’t doing anything flashy, but they’re driving in runs and riding a 3 game win streak with some pretty solid pitching to boot.
- Baltimore Orioles: The O’s are slugging .427 and driving in runs with 116 RBI’s. They also have a league 6th best team batting average of .266, with 4 of their regulars hitting .297 or higher.
The wait is finally over for fans like myself look forward to the NFL Draft yearly. Months of anticipation and anxiousness will finally but to rest today as the 2013 NFL Draft kicks off. You all have seen my Jaguar mocks dating back to September of last year all leading to today. This time however, I’m going to be doing something I haven’t before a unveil my first ever 2013 NFL mock for the whole entire league. Yesterday I announced my mock alongside Eric and Shane Hallam of Drafttv.com (Please check out Shane’s site out by the way) via podcast so if you were listening you probably already know the picks by now, if you didn’t I strongly suggest you check it out being that I give an explanation to each of the picks below.
By: Eric Serna
This is my full 1st round mock draft for the 2013 NFL Draft. I previously posted my 7 round mock draft for the Jacksonville Jaguars, which is still up on the site, so check that out. But for the sake of time and your convenience, I am only doing a mock for all the teams who have a 1st round pick, which means this is excluding the Seattle Seahawks, as well as the Washington Redskins (AND now officially the Tampa Bay Buccaneers). I have done the research based on the needs of all the teams, as well as best player available should the draft play out this way. Keep in mind, I personally believe there will be some major trades this year, so predicting where a player will go is very difficult, this year more then most. With that said, I have done this mock with no projected trades, just the pick for each team based off of my opinion. Please feel free to debate them in the comment section, and I hope that you enjoy my 1st round mock draft!
Above is a mock comparison for all our viewers wanting to see each of our respective Jags mocks as a whole. Both images can be clicked for a closer view. Both Eric and Gage’s mocks can be found here on IES. Mine can be found on 1010xl’s page .
Feel free to comment and give your opinions on each, and thanks for reading!
Although both clubs played a hard fought, physical game, the final whistle blew and Arsenal and Everton would play to a scoreless draw. The draw would give the Gunners one more meaningful point, and inch them all the more closer to securing a spot in the Champions League for a 16th straight season.
Read the rest of this entry »
By: Gage D’Acunto
The 2013 NFL draft is upon us, and it has proved to be one of the most difficult drafts to predict. The picks across the board for all 32 teams have varied greatly, and there is no clear cut selection for any team. However, mock drafts are circling the web in full swing in an attempt to give incite into who’s going where and why. So, without any further adieu, I will give you my incite into the draft, and who I believe the Jaguars will be picking up throughout the course of the draft.
Pick #2. Dion Jordan, OLB/DE Oregon
Some will argue that with a new coach comes a new QB, and while the Jaguars brass seemed very interested in Geno Smith from West Virginia, I don’t feel that Smith, or any of the other QB’s eligible for the draft have impressed enough to be picked as high as 2nd pick overall. This being said, I go with the next desperate need the Jaguars have, and that is their defensive line.
Read the rest of this entry »